It’s been a while since we’ve published a product update but today we’re excited to release Notification Center UI, a new demo application and improvements to the documentation.
Notification Center UI
GetSocial Notifications is like push notifications on steroids. According to the latest Localytics data only 53% of the users have push notifications enabled. GetSocial Notifications API provides a way to deliver notifications to 100% of the users.
With the release of the SDK v6.25.0, we are bundling a prebuilt Notification Center UI so you can show in-app notifications about updates, promotions, and other events in minutes not days.
To learn how to configure displayed notifications, what types of notifications are supported and how to customize the look and feel of the UI visit documentation.
Demo App 2.0
The new demo app is ready. It showcases the best practices and use-cases described in GetSocial documentation. We’ve partnered with DevFest Ukraine conference team to bring the full potential of GetSocial platform to their mobile application.
We’re rolling out an updated application to the Google Play and the App Store today and will open source implementation in the coming weeks.
The app implements the following use cases:
- Share in-app content and invite friends using Smart Invites
- Convert desktop users to native app users with Smart Widget (like the one below)
- Engage with users, by building a community and providing support with Activity Feeds
- Build 1-1 chats using a combination of Activity Feed and Notification APIs
- Reach 100% of the user-base with notifications, even if push notifications are disabled with in-app Notification Center
- Send connection requests to other attendees with user-to-user Notifications
- Connect users inside the app, provide connection suggestions with Social Graph
- Reactivate users that didn’t use your app for a while with Smart Flows
- Automate notifications to nudge users to do an action in the app with Smart Flows
Download the app to check out use-cases implementation on your own or schedule a demo with our sales team.
Leveraging a new demo app we’ve added “Try me” sections to all use-cases guides in the documentation implemented in the DevFest Ukraine conference app. With a single click on the button, you’ll be taken to the specific tutorial inside the app.
“Try me” buttons use GetSocial Smart Links to deep link you to the appropriate tutorial. If the app is not installed on your device, Smart Link takes you to Google Play, App Store or lets you send an install link to your phone and deliver tutorial information right after the installation.